Do you want to become a personal trainer? To succeed in the field, you need to get your certification. ISTA can help you achieve this goal by taking our affordable and convenient online program to become a certified personal trainer — a certification that is recognized industry wide. And with ISTA, you can become a gym personal trainer from the comfort of your home!
Certifications That Are Recognized Industry Wide
The International Strength Training Association is proud to be approved as a full affiliate of the National Board of Fitness Examiners. NBFE ensures credibility for the fitness industry by setting and maintaining the national standard of practice in our field.
What is the National Board of Fitness Examiners (NBFE)
The NBFE was founded in 2003 as a non-profit organization for two principal purposes. First, the NBFE will address and define a series of prescribed scopes of practice for all fitness professionals. Second, the NBFE will determine the standards of practice for various fitness professionals, including floor instructors, group exercise instructors, general personal trainers, specialists in areas such as youth and senior fitness, and medical exercise specialists.
The National Board of Fitness Examiners’ mission is to ensure to the public that qualified fitness professionals who have successfully passed the National Board examination have achieved an approved level of competency in the health and fitness industry. The NBFE promotes the services of qualified fitness professions as a viable means of improving public health.
National Board of Fitness Examiners Personal Fitness Trainers Code of Ethics
The NBFE Registered Personal Fitness Trainer should:
- Recognize that the principals of personal fitness training – improving physical strength, cardiovascular conditioning, flexibility, nutrition and overall wellness – are primary tools to improve public health in the United States.
- Regard client needs as the first responsibility in their practice. Recognize that client safety and health comes before all other fitness goals.
- Provide competent personal training instruction that fosters client dignity, self-worth, and confidentiality.
- Adhere to safe and recognized standards of practice and advocate healthy lifestyles for their clients.
- Practice within their knowledge and skill domain and refer clients to other fitness and health professionals as necessary.
- Actively maintain, upgrade and, where possible, add to the skills and knowledge domain of the fitness industry to increase their capacity to serve their clients.
- Observe and practice within all local, state, and national statutes and laws.
- Participate in a practice that is free of racial, cultural and gender bias and prejudice.
- Honestly and completely represent professional knowledge and skills, training, certifications to clients, employers, and colleagues.
- Involve clients in the decisions and determinations of all exercise programming.
- Follow the highest standards of business principals, integrity and professionalism.
Why Gym trainers choose us: